St Aloysius Bulletin 10.21 - 10.28.2018
Please continue your prayers for Mr. Luis de los Reyes.
• Men’s Ignatian Retreat begins Monday, Oct 22. Fr Asher requests your prayers for the men following the retreat that their souls might be open to receive the many graces God gives during the course of a retreat.
If you would like to have your deceased loved ones remembered in the Masses during the month of November, please fill out and return the enve-lopes which are found in your Offering Envelopes Box as well as in the back of the Church.
Feast of Christ the King - Oct 28
In honor of Christ the King, there will be exposition and procession of the Blessed Sacrament next Sunday, Oct 28 at 9:30am, between the 2 Masses.
All Saints Celebration - Nov 4
Following the 10am Mass on Nov 4, a brunch, sponsored by the Holy Name Society, will be available for purchase. Children are invited to dress as their favorite saint and give a short presentation. Volunteers are needed to help with games for the children. Please call Mrs. Janet Cattaneo, (408) 842-1220 if you would like to help.
40 Hours Devotion - St Athanasius, San Jose
Friday Oct 26 - Sunday, Oct 28
• Begins this Friday with Mass at 6:00pm followed by exposition and 40 hrs continuous adoration.
• Holy hour for men/boys on Friday from 8-9pm; Holy hour for women/girls on Saturday from 7-8pm.
• The devotion concludes Sunday with a Solemn Procession following the 8:30am Mass. NB: The normally scheduled Sunday 10:00am Mass will be at 11:00am.
• Younger, unmarried men are asked to assure the hours between Mid-night and 5am on Saturday & Sunday morning.
• The Papal Blessing is given at the end of each of the Holy Hours.
• A Plenary Indulgence is granted to all who assist at the Holy Hour un-der the usual conditions: Confession & Holy Communion 8 days before or after, to be detached as much as possible from sin.
Donations for Homeless Always Needed
Your continued donations for the homeless are very much appreciated.
A list of items needed is available in the bookstore.